Help for Homeowners
KNOW YOUR OPTIONS
Abacus has helped prevent foreclosures by assisting homeowners with home loan modifications - and by helping them understand and access government-based homeowners assistance programs. Our goal is to keep homeowners who are under financial stress in their homes by providing resources. The sooner you contact us, the sooner we can help, please call 1-888-818-6613.
BEWARE OF SCAMS - HELP IS FREE!
- Beware of anyone who says they can “save” your home if you sign or transfer over the deed to your house unless you are working directly with your mortgage company to forgive your debt.
- Don't sign papers in exchange for a promise that someone else will pay off your mortgage.
- Never submit your mortgage payments to anyone other than your mortgage company without your mortgage company's approval.
- Beware of anyone who says that you don't need a real estate professional or title company when selling your home.
Go to the Beware of Scams page on KnowYourOptions.com for more tips on avoiding scams and to find a HUD-approved housing counselor.
IF YOU ARE HAVING DIFFICULTY PAYING YOUR MORTGAGE NOW'S THE TIME TO ACT.
If you are struggling with your mortgage payments or facing foreclosure, you may feel overwhelmed and frustrated. Many homeowners simply don't know what to do or where to go for assistance and they feel too helpless to take action. We understand and we want to help.
Fannie Mae has created KnowYourOptions.com to help homeowners just like you. We’ve made it easy to find the information you need, so you can get help before it's too late. Go to KnowYourOptions.com to:
- Explore your options - learn about options to help you get back on track and avoid foreclosure.
- Get prepared - find step-by-step instructions and helpful forms to get you organized and prepared to talk to your mortgage company.
- Find helpful resources - access calculators to see which option may fit your needs, find a local housing counselor and more.
- Hear from homeowners - watch stories about homeowners, who may be in a similar situation, and hear how they got help.
If you are facing financial difficulties -whether they are short or long term -start exploring your options today. Even if you haven't yet missed a mortgage payment, but are worried you might fall behind soon, now's the time to take action.
||Lower your payments - get a new loan with a reduced interest rate or other adjusted terms.
||Get caught up on your mortgage - pay back your past-due payments over an extended period of time.
||Improve your financial situation and get back on your feet - temporarily suspend or reduce your mortgage payments for a specific period of time.
||Make your mortgage more affordable permanently - modify the terms of your mortgage. You may also qualify for the government's modification program.
||Rent your home and remain in the property as a tenant - available for homeowners with mortgages owned by Fannie Mae.
Making Home Affordable Programing
You may also qualify for the government's Making Home Affordable Program that offers programs to modify your mortgage as well as other foreclosure prevention options.
Making Home Affordable is a trademark of the United States Department of the Treasury and is used under license.
Don't delay-call us today or contact a Housing Counselor for help. Or go to www.KnowYourOptions.com/Take-Action for more information on getting started.